The Mid-State Group has assembled this comprehensive list of information resources to help employers, employees, families and individuals during the pandemic crisis. We have included links, downloads, references, forms, and portals for access to the latest information.
Click HERE to watch a quick video describing this kit from our President and Chief Growth Officer – John Basten
Go to each major topic area for specific resources.
- Families First FMLA Alert: New laws regarding paid time off
- COVID-19 FAQs For Employers: a comprehensive resource guide
- IRS Guidance on FMLA/EPSL Procedures for caretakers
- FFCRA Poster: Ready-to-post info for COVID-related paid sick, family or medical leave
- FFCRA Q&A: DOL FAQ on Families First Act
- FFCRA Guidebook: Comprehensive FFCRA booklet from Emerge and Mid-State
- FLSA Pay for Exempt and Non-Exempt Employees
- HDHP & Expenses Related To Coronavirus
- DOL website for COVID-19 and FMLA
- Partial Workforce Layoffs and the WARN Act: Call Mid-State HR first
Sample Employee Communications
- Sample Communication to Employees2
- Sample Telecommuting Agreement
- Sample Work from Home Policy
- Telecommuting Checklist
- Tips to Handle an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Work from Home Agreement
- COVID-19 Furlough Letter
- Acknowledgement of Receipt for Company-Issued Property
Mid-State HR Contacts
- Download Mid-State HR Director profile: Ronny Smith email@example.com
- Lynne Weinmeister 434-528-1001
- Taylor Tsoleas 434-528-1001
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economic Injury Disaster Advance Loans; up to $10,000 for small business owners.
- Paycheck Protection Program: $349 billion SBA-administered loan and loan forgiveness program.
- SBA COVID-19 Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- SBA Small Business Borrower Paycheck Protection Application (download)
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief : Economic impact payments for businesses and taxpayers.
- Small Business Recovery Expanded Guide: Info from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce: COVID-19 Resource Center with constantly updated info.
- Virginia Employment Commission: VEC resources for partial unemployment benefits.
- VEC: Unemployment insurance (UI) procedures to file or re-open a claim.
- VEC: New provisions of the CARES Act for self-employed and gig economy workers.
- CARES Act: Expansion of unemployment insurance and benefits (The National Law Review)
- OSHA COVID-19: OSHA’s extensive resources on safety and the coronavirus.
- OSHA 3990-03 (Download) Guide on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
- Virginia DOL COVID Resources: VOSH guidance on health and safety.
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease
- CDC Public Health Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak
CDC Posters for Download
- What you need to know (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- What to do if you are sick (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Stop the spread of germs (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Symptoms of coronavirus (English, Spanish)
Mid-State Safety Contacts
- Are You At Risk for a Hack Attack? Take our Quick Mid-State Cyber Security Risk Survey
- Cyber Security Awareness Training and Phishing Platform – Click here for the Data Sheet
- How To Secure Zoom videoconferencing platform for cyber safety
- FBI Alert about COVID-related phishing, scams, and hacking exploits
- Mid-State Cyber Press Release: learn about Mid-State’s cybersecurity services and products
- Director of Mid-State Cyber: Chris Judd Profile (downloadable)
Visit https://midstatecyber.com for more information on:
- Remote/Work From Home – DOWNLOAD the Data Sheet
- Cyber & IT Solutions Amid COVID19 – https://midstatecyber.com/coronavirus/
- Critical Areas to Focus on NOW for Cyber – https://midstatecyber.com/critical-areas-to-focus-on-now-covid19-and-beyond/
Health and Wellness
- Mid-State Group & Nanoseptic: Distribution of self-cleaning products.
- Contact us at email@example.com for pricing and product needs
Mid-State’s LifeGuard365TM provides guidance for individuals, families, and employees while you stay-in-place. Services include TeleHealth, Online Wellness, Health Advocate Solutions, and TeleCounseling)
- TeleHealth: Anytime, anywhere access to U.S. board-certified doctors
- Medical guidance for individuals, families and employees while with you stay-in-place
- Worried About Symptoms? Here’s where to get help!
- Moms are Telemedicine Power Users
- Stressed and Depressed? LifeGuard 365’s TeleCounseling 24/7
Other Health & Wellness Resources
- CDC: Stress and coping resources related to COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus Posters for download
- Coping with stress during an infectious disease outbreak poster
- Coping with a disaster or traumatic event poster
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health: disaster preparedness, response, and recovery
- Substance Abuse Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- COVID-19: Latest Research Information from the National Institutes of Health
- Coping With Coronavirus: Managing Stress, Fear, and Anxiety (NIMH)
- COVID-19 Resources: National Alliance on Mental Illness – Virginia
- EEOC Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases COVID-19 resources
- Health and Human Services (HHS) bulletin regarding HIPAA Privacy and COVID-19
- EPA website provides key EPA resources on the coronavirus disease
- Tips to Handle an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Virginia Governor Stay-In-Place Executive Action
- COVID-19 Global Cases (John Hopkins University) Infection Map
- VDH: Virginia Department of Health COVID-19 Resources
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) Resources and Updates
Pharmacies Rx Deliveries